Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Preschool



Connor couldn't wait to go to preschool. The night before he asked me to wake him up as soon as I got up because he didn't want to be late. He looked so grown up and sharp all dressed up ready for school. Once we got to preschool he was so excited he went right in and never looked back. It did help that he knew the teacher from last year. It is really hard to know if you should hold your child back or not and when to start them. Connor is right on the line for the cut off for kindergatern. The rules say you have to be 5yrs. old by Sep 1st. Connor makes the dead line by 6 days. We decided it would be best for him to start next year. We hope we made the right choice. All of his friends are starting kindergarten this year and he's not, which is hard when Connor wants a play date during the day. The plus side for him, not me, is that he will get to drive before kids that he goes to school with. Well the day seemed quiet with Zack and Connor gone in the morning. Brielle wasn't sure what to do with out her play mate Connor. She and I read lots of books and played. The sad part was when she feel down and wanted Connor to kiss her hand, but he wasn't there. Connor wasn't as excited when I picked him as he was when I dropped him off. I asked him how was school and he said, "Not fun'. I asked him why and he said, "Because none of my friends where there". I felt so bad. We wanted to see all of his friends from school last year and they weren't there. I told him he gets to make new friends and he's not sure if he likes that. We will see how things go tomorrow.

No comments: