This week I decided to do something daring. Our kitchen table set we inheritted fom my grandparents when Papa died 8 years ago has been need of a change.. I love this set. But, over time the fabric on the chairs have gotten worn and the color didn't go with the house. So this week I decided to recover them. I have never done this before, but had seen it done and it didn't look that hard. So I jumped in and started. I wanted to have it done before Marc got home and surprise him, but I only had 1/2 done when he got home. He was still surprised and then got to help me finish the other 1/2. The new fabric is chocolate brown pleather. They turned out so good, I think. I wonder why I didn't do it sooner. My mom saw them later this week and at first said, "You got new chairs", then she looked again and said, "You recovered them, They look good". I was so happy that she liked them, because the set belonger to her parents and I was nervouse that she may not like them. Take a look. Here are the before and after photo's.
Before
After








2 comments:
WOW!! They look really good!
Good job Tamara! I can't believe you did that. They look amazing! I bet they look so nice in your house.
Post a Comment